About Blue Island Divers Resort
Blue Island Divers Resort (BIDR) was built in 2015 by Divers for Divers.
It’s a lovely and intimate Diving Resort for people that would prefer a relaxed and cozy atmosphere over a big and always on the rush “All Inclusive Resort”.
BIDR is located on Sandy Bay Beach, in front of the Odyssey Shipwreck and 3′ from the El Aguila Shipwreck, and includes:
- 4 Apartments for up to 15 divers;
- 1 Diving house for up to 9 divers (shared accommodation);
- 1 Restaurant – The Salty Mango Restaurant;
- a Bar;
- a Diving Shop and Gift Shop;
- a Dive Center affiliated with: PADI and SSI offering Freediving, Recreational, Professional and Technical Diving courses;
- 1 Compressor room offering Air and Nitrox; and from October’17 Trimix fills;
- Snorkeling, Freediving, Recreational and Technical Diving gear for rental;
- 1 Dedicated room for Photographers/Videographers;
- 1 Dedicated room for Sidemount Divers / Tec Divers / Rebreather Divers;
- 1 workshop with all the required tools and parts for servicing Aqualung, Apeks, Atomic, Mares, Oceanic, Poseidon and Scubapro dive gear;
- 1 workshop with tools for dive computer’s battery replacement (Suunto, Oceanic, Mares and Scubapro);
- 2 fast fiberglass boats, 30″ and 25″ long, with Yamaha 200HP outboard engines.
Next to the Bar there is a pier to a beautiful Palapa where you may hang on an hammock, swim, snorkel, freedive, use a kayak or get on a daily dive boat.