About Blue Island Divers Resort
Blue Island Divers Resort (BIDR) was built in 2014 by Divers for Divers.
BIDR owners are from Texas-USA and in 2014 decided to change their lives and move to Roatan and embrace the diving lifestyle.
BIDR it’s a lovely and intimate Eco Diving Resort, on the beach, build in wood and recycled materials, for people that would prefer a relaxed and cozy atmosphere over a big and always on the rush “All Inclusive Resort”.
BIDR has a maximum capacity for 24 Resort guests.
BIDR is located on Sandy Bay Beach, in front of the Odyssey Shipwreck and 3′ from the El Aguila Shipwreck, and includes:
- 4 Apartments for up to 16 snorkelers/divers;
- 1 Diving house for up to 8 snorkelers/divers (shared accommodation) – El Pulpo;
- 1 Restaurant – The Salty Mango Restaurant;
- a Beach Bar;
- a Diving Shop and Gift Shop;
- a Dive Center affiliated with:
- 1x Compressor room offering Air and Nitrox fills;
- Snorkeling, Freediving, Recreational, Sidemount and Technical Diving gear for rental;
- 1x Dedicated room for Photographers/Videographers;
- 1x Dedicated room for Sidemount Divers / Tec Divers / Rebreather Divers;
- 1x workshop with the required tools and parts for servicing or repairing your personal dive gear;
- 1x workshop with tools for dive computer’s battery replacement;
- 2x fast fiberglass boats, 30″ and 25″ long, with Yamaha 200HP outboard engines, for maximum 8 divers each;
- 1x 30″ fiberglass closed boat with 100HP inboard engine for maximum 8 divers for our regular dives.
Next to the Beach Bar there is a pier to a beautiful Palapa where you may hang on an hammock, swim, snorkel, freedive, use a kayak or get on a daily dive boat.