About Blue Island Divers Resort
Blue Island Divers Resort (BIDR) was built in 2014 by Divers for Divers.
It’s a lovely and intimate Eco Diving Resort, on the beach, for people that would prefer a relaxed and cozy atmosphere over a big and always on the rush “All Inclusive Resort”.
BIDR is located on Sandy Bay Beach, in front of the Odyssey Shipwreck and 3′ from the El Aguila Shipwreck, and includes:
- 4 Apartments for up to 15 divers;
- 1 Diving house for up to 8 divers (shared accommodation) – El Pulpo;
- 1 Restaurant – The Salty Mango Restaurant;
- a Bar;
- a Diving Shop and Gift Shop;
- a Dive Center affiliated with:
- offering Freediving, Recreational, Professional and Technical Diving courses;
- 1 Compressor room offering Air and Nitrox;
- Snorkeling, Freediving, Recreational and Technical Diving gear for rental;
- 1 Dedicated room for Photographers/Videographers;
- 1 Dedicated room for Sidemount Divers / Tec Divers / Rebreather Divers;
- 1 workshop with all the required tools and parts for servicing Aqualung, Apeks, Atomic, Mares, Oceanic, Poseidon and Scubapro dive gear;
- 1 workshop with tools for dive computer’s battery replacement (Suunto and Scubapro);
- 2 fast fiberglass boats, 30″ and 25″ long, with Yamaha 200HP outboard engines.
Next to the Bar there is a pier to a beautiful Palapa where you may hang on an hammock, swim, snorkel, freedive, use a kayak or get on a daily dive boat.